What's new
iamretro

Wow! It seems you have yet to create an account with us! Needless to say, you have to register in order to get the full "iamretro" experience! You will then be able to create your own topics, reply to posts and be an active member of the MOST prolific community in Greece (even further than that, but we're being modest for now). So don't delay! REGISTER!

CHIP-8 Demos and more...

geoanas

Commodore Vampire
Staff member
Comrade

CHIP-8....Τι είναι ;
Γλώσσα προγραμματισμού, αναπτύχθηκε από τον κ. Joseph Weisbecker. Βρήκε εφαρμογή στα 8 bit micros COSMAC VIP και Telmac 1800, κάπου στα μέσα της δεκαετίας του 70.

Δεν θα επεκταθώ παραπάνω, μπορείτε να βρείτε αρκετές πληροφορίες στο net ...Θα σταθώ όμως σε αυτό :
It was made to allow video games to be more easily programmed for said computers.
ΠΗΓΗ :
:arrow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIP-8

Θα μου πείτε τώρα...και τι μας τα λες όλα αυτά ; :D

Έχει αρκετό ενδιαφέρον....Εκτός από τους κλασσικούς παιχνιδοδεινόσαυρους PONG, Space Invaders, Tetris και Pac Man που έχουν "μεταφερθεί" στο παρελθόν, υπάρχουν στις μέρες μας ορισμένοι devs που δημιουργούν ακόμη σε αυτήν...
Ένας από αυτούς, είναι και ο φίλος μου Martijn Wenting , ιδρυτής των Revival Studios [ http://www.revival-studios.com/ ] (πασίγνωστος στην Vectrex Scene ;) ) και Bitstorm Games, ως ανεξάρτητος δημιουργός.

Για να δούμε λοιπόν τι έχει κάνει στην CHIP-8.... ;)

Trip8 / SuperTrip demo (Chip-8 / SuperChip, 2008)

Climax Slideshow (SuperChip, 2008)

Astrododge (Chip-8 / SuperChip, 2008)
Astro Dodge is an arcade game for the Chip8 and SuperChip8 systems. Both versions of the game are included in this package

Mega Blinky (MegaChip8, 2007)
This is the MegaChip conversion of the infamous Blinky game by Hans Christian Egeberg. I adapted the CHIP-8/SuperChip version of the game and added a title screen, exclusive to the MegaChip version.
It is written in 100% CHIP-8 Assembler and uses the MegaChip extensions for colorized graphics.

Twister Demo (MegaChip8, 2007)

SuperWorm V4 (Chip-8/SuperChip, 2007)
This is an updated version of the Worm/SuperWOrm game by R.B. I simply adapted the control scheme for better playability.
It is written in 100% CHIP-8 Assembler and uses SuperChip extensions.

MegaChip8 Devkit (Chip-8/SuperChip,MegaChip8, 2007)
This Devkit contains everything you need to start Chip-8/SuperChip/MegaChip8 development

- The Super/Mega/Chip-48 Assembler V2.5 by Christian Egeberg (MegaChip8 extensions by Revival Studios)
- MegaChip8 specifications/documentation, full opcode list for CHIP-8/SuperChip/MegaChip8.
- CHIP8_BMP.EXE - Convert BMP images to CHIP8-Assembler include data.
- CHIP8_WAV.EXE - Convert WAV files to CHIP8-Assembler include data.
- Small MegaChip8 example sourcecode

MegaChip8 Emulator (Chip-8/SuperChip,MegaChip8, 2007)
The MegaChip emulator is my Chip8/SuperChip/MegaChip8 emulator. It is the first emulator to support the MegaChip8 extensions, but ofcourse it also runs the Chip8 and SuperChip games

When developing this emulator, i also focused on something that annoyed me with other emulators: Every CHIP-8 game uses different keymapping, so it is always a pain to find the right keys which is especially annoying when using a console or handheld with fixed buttons. The MegaChip emulator does a CRC-check on the rom and adjusts the keymapping accordingly, so you have a more universal control scheme for each game.

Since i find it important to also support the original hardware (Cosmac VIP, Telmac 1800, ETI-660, etc.), you can switch between SuperChip emulation and the somewhat slower original CHIP-8 emulation on the fly using F11.
Features

- First emulator to support MegaChip8 emulation
- Switch between SuperChip and Classic Chip-8 emulation mode (Cosmac VIP, Telmac 1800, ETI-660,etc.)
- Emulates Hires Chip-8 mode (64x64) as supported by the original hardware
- Developer debugmode (Register info, program stepping,etc.)
- Automatic keymapping using CRC codes
- Different colorschemes

Όλα αυτά (και ακόμη περισσότερα ;) ) μπορείτε να τα δείτε, να τα θαυμάσετε και να τα κατεβάσετε από το site του Martijn...εδώ :
:arrow: http://www.revival-studios.com/other.php

:thumbup:

Vincent

Retro Addict
Comrade
Μαγικά πράγματα, πριν λίγο κοίταγα Ζ80 home made computers...
Αυτά τα παιχνίδια μου θύμισαν nokia 3310 :D