What's new
iamretro

Wow! It seems you have yet to create an account with us! Needless to say, you have to register in order to get the full "iamretro" experience! You will then be able to create your own topics, reply to posts and be an active member of the MOST prolific community in Greece (even further than that, but we're being modest for now). So don't delay! REGISTER!

To "It came from the desert" γινεται ταινία

supacoopa

Retro Member
Comrade
Η Cinemaware συμφωνησε με (μια άσημη) εταιρια παραγωγης, για την κινηματογραφικη μεταφορα του "It came from the desert".

I have checked about six times, but no, it’s not April 1st: It Came From the Desert is being made into a film.

Yup. Cinemaware’s 1989 action-adventure-RPG thing, which featured a sleepy desert town coming under attack by an army of mutant ants, is being turned into a movie. It’s being made by Roger! Pictures, who I’ve never heard of before, but from the looks of things they’re a new Finnish company currently working on a few action/horror/comedy films. Until I hear otherwise I’m going to assume this is going to be a digital thing rather than a major cinema release, but you never know.

Also: to any of you thinking “Wasn’t there an It Came From the Desert movie in the 50s, called Them!” – yes, I had the same thought.

We will apparently be hearing more about it on 16 January 2015, but so far, we can apparently confirm that Troma’s Lloyd Kaufman will be making a cameo appearance in the film. Which… okay, yeah, if you’re referencing Troma then you’re probably heading in the right direction for something like this.

Απο εδω, επισης αναφορά και σχετικες δηλωσεις εδω και σελιδα στο Facebook.

Can't wait! :)

chriskgnr

Retro Guru
Comrade
Πολύ ενδιαφέρον!!! Παιχνιδάρα στην Amiga 500 το "It came from the desert"(πολύ μερμήγκι ρε παιδιά!) και ελπίζω να γίνει και μιά πολύ καλή ταινία! :D

Και λίγο :) offtopic:
Ενα σχόλιο για τον πρωινό καφέ που λένε: Η αντίστροφη κατάσταση, δηλαδή μάπα ταινία που έγινε πολύ καλό παιχνίδι adventure στον ST και την Amiga, ήταν το "Plan 9 from Outer Space" με τον Bela Lugosi και την Vampira. :thumbup:

Η ταινία:

Το παιχνίδι, που στο κουτί του είχε δώρο την original ταινία σε βιντεοκασεττα vhs!!!:

Καταπληκτική ατμόσφαιρα:

Attachments

• 220px-Plan_9_Alternative_poster.jpg
    220px-Plan_9_Alternative_poster.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 259
  • Plan_9_from_Outer_Space_cover.jpg
    Plan_9_from_Outer_Space_cover.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Plan_9_From_Outer_Space_2.png
    Plan_9_From_Outer_Space_2.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 259
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 259

amiga500fan

Retro Addict
Comrade
Μακαρι να βγει καλή η ταινία.Καποτε περιμεναμε και το indiana jones and the fate of atlantis στην μεγάλη οθόνη αλλα μας βγήκε κάτι άλλο.

fotis_kfor

Retro Addict
Comrade
Μακάρι να βγει καλή ηταινία όντως, επειδή σχεδόν πάντα για παρόμοιες μεταφορές κρατάμε μικρό καλάθι...

dR_wH0

Solder Noob
Staff member
Comrade
Εντάξει όπως και να βγεί είναι ωραίο να βλέπεις αυτές τις προσπάθειες! :mrgreen: